Players to Watch
- Matt Ryan - QB
- Michael Turner - RB
- John Abraham - DE
Why you Should Support?
- They currently have a franchise quarterback, a top 5 running back, and a top 5 wide receiver.
- They have a very cool nickname in "The Dirty Birds." Unlike the Arizona Cardinals or Buffalo Bills they are named after an appropriately impressive animal.
- They have never won a Super Bowl, so there is no way you can be accused of glory hunting.
- Their head coach, Mike Smith, looks like Steve Martin.
- Atlanta is a very cool place, home to Ludacris, Usher, and the B-52s!
- They are the former team of one of the greatest players of all time, Deion Sanders. 'Prime Time' not only played wide receiver and cornerback for the Falcons, but he also played Major League Baseball baseball
Why You Shouldn’t Support?
- Despite their potential and talent the Falcons are actually quite boring.
- Falcon's QB Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan is allergic to the post-season.
- The falcon in their logo is some sort of deformed F shape and as such would probably be unable to fly and have to be put down.
- They are also the team that drafted Brett Favre, then traded him for a pick they used on Tony Smith. Tony who? Tony exactly.
- They play in the Georgia Dome, scene of the worst wrestling match in the history of mankind (not the wrestler, the race.)
- They have the nicest throwbacks, but never use them.
- Justin Bieber supported the Falcons against the Saints last season (To be honest with you I could have just put this and ended the article)
- In 45 years they have only had one hall of fame player who played a substantial part of their career with the Falcons.
Lewis English is an NFL Fanatic and is surprised to learn that all teams beginning with an A are named after birds. Coincidence or conspiracy? You can follow him on Twitter here.